Monday 30 March 2020

Welcome Back!

Hi Families, 

Welcome back! 

I hope you all found some time to relax and reset over March break. Fortunately, we had some beautiful weather, and I found myself taking long walks in Fish Creek Park, enjoying the daily changes this time of year brings. Thank you for all the lovely messages, photos and videos of your children. They kept my spirits high during uncertain times. 

Today marked our first day of a brand-new experience together! You would have received a phone call, voicemail or email from me asking about your needs as a family moving into eLearning. We want these next steps to be accessible and successful for all, so if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me. I may not have the answers, but will do my best to find them for you. 

Finally, messages were sent recently about eLearning from both the CBE and the school. If you did not receive…

“Ongoing Learning Updates for K-9 Students” from the CBE on Friday, March 27th and
“LBS Welcome Back to School” from Lake Bonavista School on Monday, March 30th

…please consider contacting the main office at Lake Bonavista School at (403)-888-6871 or follow this link http://calgary.schoolmessenger.com/cbe_subscribe, in order to be connected to SchoolMessenger, as this is the standard platform for group communications at the system, board and school levels.

I have such gratitude for the words of encouragement you have all expressed during these times. I look forward to being in contact again soon with more information regarding next steps. 

Ms. Thomas